Saturday, July 28, 2007
Urban Legend About Djs
Well people often ask me what its like being a Dj, they normally start of by asking about I do and the other basic questions; is it fun? is it tiring? is it difficult? I always reply them the same thing, it depends. It really really depends. If your working at some crappy run down club then yes, its a drag, but hey, I'm working in Pure Bar, (www.purebar.com.my) the most happening club in Malacca! I mean come on, wherelse would you want to be? You've got your good looking Dj (me of course) and the many gorgeous women that come every week (you know who you girls are :P)

But then again, I play the same bloody songs day in and day out, (as Dj Def says "same shit only different smell") it can get abit boring sometimes you know. Especially when there's no crowd. Sometimes I feel like I should just play a bloody non-stop cd. So like I said just now it really depends.

I sometimes wonder how some people can Dj for 15 years? Hell some Djs are still playing well way into their 40's. Unbelievable! Sometime back when I had a stint in Klang, I met up with Dj Maverick (He's in the Malaysian Book of Records for spinning non-stop for 3 days) so I asked him, do you have any advise for me? This is what he said "Dj-ing is a hobby, not a job. Don't quit your studies for Dj-ing" Hmmm.... But he did tell me all his experiences and they're very interesting. He told me about how Djs used to have groupies (where's my groupie?) this group of hot girl that would follow him around, support him and cheer for him. He went on to tell me how girls would come up to him and give him their numbers, sometimes they were written on panties! (Shit! I want number written on panties!!)

COME ON! Was I born on a different planet? Girls nowadays dun even look my way! sheesh! I mean I'm not bad looking myself but I don't even get anything close to what he described. I mean if he (Mavrick ) was the only one saying stuff like that, I could doubt what he said but most of the senior Djs say similar stuff. The most I get is a glance, if I'm lucky a smile! Sheesh! What's wrong with the women nowadays! I'm not asking for sex but I mean it would be nice to know that someone wants to get in my pants, so yea!

I guess I haven't reach the standard where I get panties thrown at me (I'll tell you when girls start throwing panties at me) so I really need to work harder! At the moment I'll just be happy if I can get kisses from girls :P

Urban Legend ? Will find out soon ....

 
posted by DjBenn at 2:18 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: